London Fashion Capital Of World
Nike magista cheap price fish and chips isn’t the most fashionfriendly (read: low calorie) dish, the rainy weather wreaks havoc on fashionistas’ high heels and Buckingham Palace is neither sleek nor stylish.
But London still managed to be named the world’s fashion capital for 2011, thanks to two people you may have heard of: Kate Middleton and Alexander McQueen.
According to a survey by the Global Language Monitor, a company that analyzes trends in word usage, London has overtaken New York City as the world’s fashion capital, based on what impact the city had on fashion through the media.
Global Language Monitor tracked websites, blogs, Twitter and all sorts of other social media to see which country and its citizens were fashion’s most important names.
Bekka Payack, the company’s fashion correspondent, said, “We are seeing what the impact of nike magista cheap price two genuine media stars, Princess Catherine (the former Kate Middleton) and Alexander McQueen can have upon a global ranking. Our numbers show that it was their presence that tipped the victory to London over New York,
Don’t need to tell us twice we spend way more time talking about Catherine than any old designer or fashion editor. For fashion, London or more specifically, Kensington Palace is where it’s at.
As far as the other metropolises occupying the list, some were expected, others less so. We’re shocked Tokyo ranked so low, we’re disappointed that Los Angeles even made the list and we are super excited and curious about Berlin’s quite favorable ranking.
Here’s the rundown of the Top Ten, including what number position each city held last year (all commentary care of Global Language Monitor):
1. London (3) nike magista cheap price Kate Middleton and Alexander McQueen help raise the City to No.1 status.
2. New York (1) New York is strong but London has Kate. ‘Nuff said.
3. Paris (4) No. 1 in our hearts but No. 3 in the media.
4. Milan (6) The Earth has returned to its proper orbit: The Big Four once again occupy nike men’s magista obra fg the top four spots.
5. Los Angeles (5) LA solidifying her hold on No. 5.
6. Hong Kong (2) Down from No. 2 but tops again in Asia.
7. Barcelona (10) The Queen of the Iberian Peninsula. Once again.
8. Singapore (15) Up seven spots and into the Top Ten.
9. Tokyo (14) Third Asian city in the Top Ten.
For a list of the least fashionable cities (in America, at least), click here.
As far as Topshop, that argument can be said about a lot of other brand stores that open in various places around the world. It’s the marketing of the brand which begins the craze and they play on the fact it’s “chic foreign designs” to lure in consumers. For example, when I went to Tokyo in 2008 they were getting ready to open up their first Abercrombie Fitch and everyone was going, as you suggested about Topshop, mad. Ultimately it’s just A and it’s just Topshop. Marketing execs get paid big bucks to create that craze. It does not mean a city is lacking anything, that’s just a rather bold statement on your part nike magista cheap price.